Before a doctor diagnoses a specific disease, the patient must undergo a series of laboratory exams and assessments. The doctor has to know the history of his patient and how their lifestyle has affected his present health problem. As the results become known, that would be an indication of the time when a physician gives specific drugs and therapies for maintenance. This will eventually contribute to the level of optimum health for that individual. If all else fails, the process will be repeated again.
Similar to what the above mentioned process, an entrepreneur’s responsibility would be pretty much the same. It’s just that, he should see his customers as his patients and what they must have to survive a present predicament or a need. He must follow certain steps before doing anything irrational that could contribute to the downfall of his business. He should have certain characteristics innate in his personality for if he lacks one of these, he’s most probably doomed to fail.
Entrepreneurship is collectively defined as exhibiting one’s vision, taking action, and pursuing that vision as a goal to be achieved.
In other words, it means getting your butt out of that couch and doing something.
Here are some of the distinct attitudes an entrepreneur should positively have:
- Optimism – is foreseeing things in a positive way notwithstanding any circumstances that may hinder progress. The assertiveness of an individual depends on his knowledge of how to handle a difficult situation
- Creativity – is thinking outside the box. Expanding one’s mind of what is beyond the ordinary through research and the collection of data.
- Stability – either physical, mental, social or emotional, a leader must possess a stable life which means he could handle tough situations during tough times.
- Charismatic – intelligence of communicating with different walks of life. Who says a charming man is less than an intelligent one? A good entrepreneur must have the certain magic glistening in his eyes and could convey enchanting words to get hold of that convincing power no one dare resist.
- Risk-taker – as someone beginning his own dream, he should be stern and must have the guts to take the big leap of plunging into his own doom or success. He should not be afraid of taking chances when opportunity presents itself.
- Energetic – willing to do whatever it takes to reach the finish line. His drive must always be at its highest level.
- Time bound – like a written report in a newspaper, an entrepreneur must be on the top of every innovation. By looking at our past, we can predict our future.
Small businesses, in time, will turn out big if the scope of management exceeds what is expected. So it is necessary for a beginner to be positive about his endeavors. He must be very observant of what his environment lacks and needs. He should have sturdy shoulders to put on extra weight of carrying a responsibility that could change his or her life.
One’s greatest failure is sticking with the mentality of being conventional. This would be one of an entrepreneur’s greatest downfalls.
Think big. Act. Make your business dreams come true.