With the Internet spreading its tentacles to every strata of life, more and more traffic is directed to websites in search for information. Blogs serve as a vivacious entity in today’s scenario for online promotion and branding.
Many businesses, manufacturers and wholesalers use blogs to promote their products and services. Social interest groups also use blogs for airing their opinion on important issues.
Writing catchy blogs is an art as much as developing a website.
How to Make Your Blog Popular
Now that you know the benefits of blogs, the important question is how to make your blog popular and attract more traffic for your blog. Listed below are some valuable tips that will enable you to become a successful blogger and attract increased traffic to your blog.
1. Write for people’s interest
Writing articles for newspapers or magazines is different from writing for the Internet. A blogger should keep this mind and strictly adhere to the principles of online copywriting to make your headlines and copy appeal to the online traffic.
- Unlike writing for print media, writing for blogs is very different inasmuch as the web traffic is very impatient and any thing less appealing is not likely to generate any interest.
- Blog posts that captivate reader’s mind and that are understandable, curt and laconic share good ranking from search engine optimizers as well as from the readers’.
- Keep your posts on one topic and that topic should be burning and topical.
- Remember to write at least one post a day to make the visitors keep coming back to your blog for more.
2. Search Engine Optimization
Post your blogs that are keyword rich. Write blogs around the in-demand keywords for your subject. This enhances the visibility of your blogs on the search engines, thereby increasing your success rate. Also adhere to following norms:
- Your blog URL must contain the primary keyword to increase your search engine ranking.
- Primary keywords that you use in the URL should also be included in title of your post.
- The body of your post should have sufficient secondary keywords.
- The anchor text of links in the body of text should also contain keywords.
3. Make use of The Blog Services
By doing so, you prompt the visitors to visit your blogs on regular basis. Pinging the blog services gives you a practical option make your readers’ aware of the fact that you’ve updated your blog so they can come and check out the updates and latest information.
4. Advertise Your Blog
Make your posts known to potential visitors. You can achieve this by:
- Creating a buzzword for your blog or its topic
- Introduce some complimentary gifts/stickers along with your blog’s URL and tagline.
- Write a newsworthy press release as an addendum to your blog topic.
Thus, by following the above tips you would be able to direct more traffic to your blogs. More the readers to your blogs more will be the traffic to the website and profits.